Are you a person who cannot think of foregoing breakfast? Do you like South Indian Food? Are you a fan of Dosa? Uffff...So many questions at the start of the post!!Well, that was just to get you interested in this week's recipes.For this months Blogging Marathon,I have chosen to do '7 days of dosas'.
The theme may sound boring and not-so-exciting for many. But for me it was challenging. I already have a yummy selection of dosas and adai [you can see them at the end of this post] and I was prepared to dish out seven other varieties.Mom was equally eager to know what I was planning and we set out to chart the 7 types of dosas.So be sure to drop in everyday and savor them.
Today is a recipe for an instant dosa. I love instant dosas as they need no fermentation and can be prepared at the drop of a hat! I have already blogged about a Multi flour dosa but this is another version that uses the left over dosa batter. Along with it are other grains that give it a nice taste and increase the nutritional value of the dish.
Whole wheat flour - 1/4 cup
Left over dosa batter - 1 cup
Buckwheat flour-1/4 cup
Powdered oats - 1/4
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl and add water little by little to get a lump free batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat a griddle and pour a ladle of batter in the center and spread it to a circle.Drizzle oil around the edges and cook till the edges leave the griddle.
- Flip it over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with a chutney / sambar.
- You can also add barley flour, ragi flour etc.
- Roasted and powdered flax seeds[1 tablespoon] can be added.
- Adding sesame seeds-[1 teaspoon] will give a nice flavor to the dosa.
- The dosa batter contains salt so check before adding extra.
Here are some dosa varieties that you might like to try....
Sprouted Moong dosai
Soya bean Dosa
Galettes De Sarrasin French Buckwheat crepes
Instant Kambu-Oats Dosai
Tofu Masala Roast
Soya Cornmeal Dosa
Kollu Dosai - Horsegram Crepes
Koolu dosai/Horsegram dosa/Horse gram crepes
Multi flour dosa
Instant oats dosa
Savory Oats Crepes
Instant Oats-Sago Dosa
Wheat flour dosai
Instant Ragi Dosai
Ghee roast/Nei dosai
Instant Rava Roast
Adai Varieties :
Oats Sago Adai
Ragi Adai with herbs
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#14
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Dosa Varieties, Kambu, Morning Raga, SI, Vegan varieties