In the quest for a healthy and delicious breakfast for my Lil Angel, I made this vegetable adai. I waited with anxiety till she savored her first bite. Then she went on to take a second bite and I knew I had won!!!
This is a very simple recipe loaded with protein and of course veggies. A very colorful dish that kids and adults will fall in love with. Leftover adai batter can also be used.
Grated vegetables- I used purple cabbage, carrot
Finely chopped spinach leaves
Finley chopped onion
- Take all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- If the batter is very thick, add a little water.
- Check for salt and add if needed.
- Heat a griddle and pour a ladle full of batter in the center and spread it to a circle.
- Cover and cook on both sides till brown. This adai will take a little longer to cook. You may also drizzle a little oil around the edges.
- Serve hot with a side dish of your choice.
You can adjust the quantity of the vegetables to suit your taste.
Other Adai varieties
Oats Sago Adai
Ragi Adai with herbs
Labels: Morning Raga, Vegan varieties