This is a really easy yet very healthy breakfast dish.All you need is cooked horsegram and fresh/leftover Dosa Batter.Let me go straight to the recipe now..
Horsegram -1/2 a cup
Fresh/leftover Dosa Batter
Onion-1 finely chopped
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves -finely chopped
Curry leaves a few
- Dry roast the horsegram till fragrant and it changes color lightly.
- Pressure cook with enough water for around20-30 minutes or till mushy.
- Drain the excess water and puree it.Add a little of the water used to cook the horsegram.It should be a thick paste.
- In a large bowl,put in the batter,the horsegram paste,onion,cumin seeds,curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Mix well and check for salt.If required add a little.
- Heat a griddle and prepare sas as usual.
Serve with a chutney / sambar of your choice
You can adjust the quantity of horsegram used.The onion/cumin/coriander/curry leaves are optional but when added makes the dosas more tasty...
This day That year...
2009-I started writing a series called Nutrients-What & Why
2008 - An easy breezy breakfast / snack-Sabudana kitchidi
Labels: Dosa Varieties, Horse Gram, Morning Raga, SI, Vegan varieties