A delightful way to relish bananas and it cannot get any simpler. When kids are fussy to eat this fruit, turn it into something that is sure to attract them. A combo of bananas, jaggery and coconut is bound to impress kids. At the end of the recipe I have added a few serving suggestions that you can try so that the kids are not bored of eating the same old stuff.
As far as I know almost everyone loves banana.Here are a few interesting health facts about this fruit...
- This yummy fruit is rich in Potassium and is favored by athletes.Potassium is essential to maintain a normal blood pressure and heart function, promote bone health.
- Bananas have an antacid like effect on ulcers in the stomach and ulcer damage.
- People who are constipated are often advised to have bananas regularly.
- When there is excessive vomiting,bananas may be given[ask your Physician first] as they replenish the lost potassium.
- Recent studies suggest that bananas,like carrots, also essential for bright eyes.
- Read more interesting stuffs about Banana in my Going Bananas post.....
In this recipe I have used powdered jaggery instead of sugar.
- According to Ayurveda, jaggery is said to purify the blood even when taken in small quantities.
- It is the storehouse of important minerals and vitamins especially Iron
Coconut gives a nice crunch to this relish and yumminess to this simple relish
- Peel and slice the banana
- Arrange it in a bowl.
- Sprinkle jaggery.
- Top it with grated coconut and serve!!
- Add a generous helping of chopped nuts
- Sprinkle cardamom powder / use vanilla essence for a different flavor
- Serve it with Vanilla or other ice creams of your [kid's] choice.
- Add other fruits like pomegranate / raisins or any other fruit that your little one likes.
Here are some easy and interesting dishes that makes use of Bananas.....
Dragon fruit- Banana Smoothie
Oats Banana Dragonfruit Milkshake
Banana Peanutbutter Smoothie
Simple Banana Milkshake
Coffee Banana Soy Milkshake
Pineapple Banana Shake
Chocolatey Banana Tofu Smoothie
Kiwi Banana Shake
Strawberry Banana Milkshake
Choco Oats Banana Milkshake
Guilt free Banana Ice cream
Banana in Rich coconut sauce
Microwave Eggless Chocolate brownies with Banana
Microwave Eggless Banana Nut Cake
Until I wrote this list, I never knew my blog had so m any recipes with this nutritious fruit!!!!
This goes to Srivalli's Kid's delight , hosted by Kamalika with the theme Cooking without fire for kids.
Check out what my friends are cooking for the 8th Edition of Blogging Marathon, an event started by Srivalli....
Labels: Banana, Blogging Marathon, Fun With Fruits, No cook recipes, Sweet temptations, Vegan varieties