Instant Microwave Eggless Banana-Nut Cake

Last weekend, I saw this recipe that Arundhati had just posted. A cake, that too in a microwave,with nuts  and bananas-how good can it get!! So I made this almost immediately on seeing her post because it looked so simple and she said it took only 8 minutes! There was a small hitch though.The recipe has eggs.So I replaced it with flax seed and the result was awesome!Since it is a long, long time that I baked anything, I could not find the jar of baking soda.So I just took a risk and used just baking powder [In the procedure I have mentioned the quantity of baking soda]. I was not disappointed with the results :).



Maybe the click is not so tempting but you have to take my word[and hers] for the ease of preparation , texture and the taste.A very soft cake with a pronounced banana flavor and bits of nuts and raisins here and there, perfect quick treat to go with our evening tea.

As it was getting baked, even if it was for just 6 minutes, the house smelt divine and Lil Angel ran into the kitchen to check it out.She couldn't wait for it to rest in the microwave and kept asking when she would get her share.She enjoyed every bit of the cake.The spice lover of the family had 2 slices, which really speaks volumes about the taste! This recipe is a keeper for sure.Will be making this often.Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe Arundhati.



Instant Microwave Banana - Nut Cake
Source - The Singing Chef

Whole wheat flour- 1/2 a cup
All Purpose flour / maida - 1/4 cup
Milk-1/4 cup
Oil-1/4 cup
Flax seeds-1 tablespoon
Banana- 1,large and ripe
Brown sugar-1/2 a cup [use jaggery instead]
Mixed nuts-1/2 a cup [ I used walnuts,almonds and pistachio]
Raisins -1/4 cup
Baking powder- 3/4 teaspoon
Baking soda -1/4 teaspoon
 
  1. In the smallest mixie jar put in flax seeds and hot water .Let it sit for a couple of minutes.Blend till it is frothy and set aside.
  2. Grease a microwave proof dish.
  3. In another blender jar put in all the ingredients except nuts and raisins and blend well.
  4. Pour into the greased dish and put in nuts and raisins.Mix well.
  5. Microwave on high for 6 minutes.The timing will vary so keep a watch on the cake every minute from the 5th minute onwards.
  6. Let it sit in the microwave for another 10 minutes.
This is how the cake looked after I took it out of the oven. .I am sure you know the cakes baked in a microwave don't have a crusty top.


I tried overturning the cake onto a plate but it didn't work out.So I cut the cake and took out the slices.




So here it is, the delicious, easy and microwave cake that can be made in a jiffy!



Sending this to BB-9 -Holiday Buffet hosted by Nupur of One HotStove.

I am sure Nupur wouldn't mind if I send this across to a very special couple I know,who are celebrating their wedding Anniversary today :).Happy wedding day M & K...

Bon Appetit...

Labels: , , , , ,