As I told you in my earlier post, I have fallen in love with baking in the microwave. I tried this brownie from Divya's Easy Cooking and was really impressed with the result.I followed her recipe but I added a tablespoon of flax seeds instead of nuts coz I have a huge jar full of them waiting to be used.
Maida / All purpose Flour – 1 cup
Cocoa powder – 2 teaspoons
Condensed Milk – 200ml [ I used Milkmaid]
Butter – 50 grams
Sugar -2 teaspoons
Salt- a pinch
Baking powder – ¼ teaspoon
Ripe banana- 1 ,medium sized
** Milk – 2 teaspoons [see note in step 5]
- Melt butter in a microwave proof bowl
- Sift maida, cocoa powder, salt and keep aside.Put in the flax seeds.
- In a mixie, blend together condensed milk and butter for 2 minutes.
- Put in chopped banana and sugar and blend till banana is pureed.
- Add this mixture to the sifted flour.Mix well so that all the ingredients are well blended. The mixture was too dry and so I used 2 teaspoons milk. The original recipe does not make use of milk. Skip it if the consistency is ok.
- Pour into greased pan and bake for 4 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean.
- Let it rest in the microwave for another minute
- Remove from the microwave, let it cool.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Since I don’t have the right baking tools/ pans, I used one big pan and 2 smaller ones.I baked them individually. I microwaved the large pan for 4 minutes. The smaller one on the right for 2 minutes and the smaller left for a little over a minute as it had less batter. The standing time was 1 minute for all the pans.
I did a taste test and found that I had under estimated the sweetness. Since the recipe uses condensed milk, I reduced the sugar to 1 teaspoon and when I tasted it, found it a little less sweet. So when I served this one, I drizzled a little chocolate condensed milk over the brownies. The appearance was not so good but it served the purpose.
This one goes to Its Time To Jingle Again event going on @ Asan Khana.
There is an interesting story behind these brownies. I tried this recipe from Divya's blog who inturn had tried it from Srivalli's blog.Now I am sending this to Srivalli's Kid's Delight-Holiday Specials event.Like she righly said,this recipe has come a full circle!!!This also goes to her other event 365 days of MW cooking.
Check out the other Microwave eggless bakes here
This day That year ...
2009 - Chinese Cold Cucumber Salad and a Hearty Lentil Soup
Labels: cake, Fun With Fruits, Microwave Magic, Oven Fresh Eggless Bakes