Many a times I wanted to prepare banana halwa but the bananas usually disappear within days of purchase.So some days ago I got some extra to make sure that I had over ripe bananas for the halwa.After going through many versions in several blogs,I made this.
Over ripe bananas -2
Powdered cardamom-a pinch
Cashew to garnish
- Grease a plate with a little ghee and set aside
- Heat the remaining ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Mash the bananas roughly and put into the pan.Add sugar.
- Keep stirring till it turns brown to black.[This will take some time,be patient else you will land up with a brown color halwa like mine since I just hurried up with the process,but the taste was great.]
- Add the powdered cardamom.
- When it comes to a single mass when stirring its time to take it off the flame.
- Pout into the prepared plate and flatten with a ladle.
- Using a knife mark pieces while it is still hot.
- Serve garnished with cashew pieces
My dear friend Nivedita is hosting Celebrate sweets with the theme 'Halwa' so this goes straight to her...
Labels: Banana, Fun With Fruits, Sweet temptations