Fried Bananas are found throughout the world-South and Central America,India,Vietnam,China,Thailand - almost all the countries have their own version of these delectable snacks.Here is my version that I prepared for lil Angel when she wanted something 'hot' with bananas as the regular way of eating banana was cold.Yes, the climate is so chill that the bananas look like they have been frozen!
Banana -1 large , cut into chunks
Maida / All Purpose Flour - 3 tablespoons
Sugar- 1 teaspoon
Oil to deep fry
- In a bowl put in sugar and maida.Add enough water to make a batter of coating consistency.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Dip the banana chunks in the batter and make sure the batter coats the entire surface of the banana.
- Gently drop the batter coated banana chunks into the hot oil and fry till golden brown.
- Drain and serve.
Serving ideas :
- Serve along with vanilla [or ur favorite] ice cream
- Drizzled with chocolate sauce
- Dust icing sugar
- Drizzle condensed milk
- Serve as such...
These banana bites were gone in seconds and nowadays this has become Lil Angel's favorite snack.
Sending this to Srivalli's Kid's Delight-Holiday Specials event.
This day that year...
2008 - Lentil Dumpling In Spicy Yogurt Gravy to go with steamed rice.
Labels: Banana, Fun With Fruits, Party Snacks, Snack Bar, Sweet temptations, Vegan varieties, Vietnamese Cuisine