The second week of Blogging Marathon #8 starts today. This week I have chosen 'Cooking with 5 ingredients or less' and 'Nawabi khana'.I am starting today with 'Cooking with 5 ingredients or less'.
Pop corn is a popular snack that we all enjoy. Lil Angel would suddenly crave for this after school and we love to munch it together. I always keep a packet of dried corn kernels for those sudden cravings...
Here is an interesting link about the history of this famous snack - Popcorn:Ingrained in America's Agricultural History
Corn kernels [dried] - 1 cup
Butter - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Salt to taste
Crunchy popcorn is ready to munch
- Heat a pan / pressure cooker.
- Put in butter. Swirl the pan around so that it coats the bottom of the vessel completely.
- Put in the corn kernels , salt and shake so that the corn is in a single layer.
- Cover leaving a small gap for the steam to escape.
- Once it starts popping, gently shake the pan.
- You can switch off the heat once the popping stops.
- Turmeric powder is optional. I use it as Lil Angel prefers yellow colored pop corn.
- Oil can be used instead of butter.
- Add any seasoning of your choice along with salt in step 3
Recap of Week 1 in BM #8...
I had chosen 2 theme
1. No cook recipes for kids...
Day 1 - Fruity Breakfast Crunch
Day 2 - Bonda Juice
Day 3 - Banana Relish
2 . Condiments...
Day 4 - Flaxseed Onion Garlic Chutney
Day 5- Maavadu Oorugai | Baby Mango pickle
Day 6- Homemade Channa masala Powder for Chole
Day 7- Coriander- Raw Mango Chutney
Check out what my friends are cooking for the 8th Edition of Blogging Marathon, an event started by Srivalli....
This Day That Year....
2008 - Kothamira Perugu Pachadi [Coriander Raita] and Ell Urundai[Sweet sesame balls]
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Party Snacks, Snack Bar