After the savory Plantain dosa, today I have for you a sweet treat - Banana dosa.Sometimes we are left with a little dosa batter that is neither sufficient for the entire family nor do we have the heart to throw it out. During such times, I mix other ingredients into it to get a new tasting dosa that is welcomed by everyone at home.
One such experiment to use up the little left over dosa batter landed on me using a couple of ripe banana that were shouting for attention.The Lil ones will surely love this sweet treat.If the adults have a sweet tooth, they are bound to gobble this up....
Leftover dosa batter
Banana , mashed
- Add the mashed banana to the batter and mix well.
- Heat a griddle and pour a little batter in the center and spread it to a circle.
- Cook on both sides and spread a little butter on one side while still on the griddle.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
Check out- Plantain dosa post for a complete list of dosas @ Seduce Your Tastebuds...
- You can use leftover batter but it should not be sour.
- I served this with jaggery and drizzled honey over the dosa. I don;t think any other side dish will be apt other than this.
- I did not add sugar to the batter. But if you feel the batter is not sweet enough, add some sugar.
- Using butter is optional. You can drizzle oil instead.
- This dosa tastes best when served hot.
Here are some easy recipes that can be prepared with Banana...
Guilt free Banana Ice cream
Oats Banana Dragonfruit Milkshake
Dragon fruit banana smoothie
Banana Peanut butter Smoothie
Instant Microwave Egg less Banana Nut cake
Banana in rich coconut sauce
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#14
Labels: Banana, Blogging Marathon, Dosa Varieties, Fun With Fruits, Morning Raga, SI