Figs - Dates Rolls | Sugar free & Fat Free Dessert

The excitement of blogging is back for me.The credit goes to Srivalli's Blogging Marathon that has entered the 9th edition.The theme I chose for this edition is 'Cooking with fruits'.One abundant and omnipresent fruit in my pantry is Dates.So you may probably be seeing recipes with dates in all forms. Now being the festive season, its only apt to celebrate with sweets and I am planning for a small collection of easy breezy desserts.

Coming to today's recipes, its the one which can be prepared within a few minutes,there is no cooking involved,it has no added fat or sugar and when it comes to the nutritive value, it a treasure trove of nutrients!!Having said all this, let me introduce you to Figs-Date roll that I had bookmarked from Priti's blog. I have made some changes in her recipes but the base is the same.





I used :

Figs- 10 numbers
Dates, seedless- 10 numbers
Mixed nuts - 1 1/2 cups [ I used almonds, pistachio and cashews]
Coconut- 1/2 cup
  1. Soak figs in warm water till it is soft. [I soaked it for an hour].Drain and chop coarsely.
  2. Powder the nuts and keep aside.
  3. Grind the figs and dates to a fine paste.Transfer it into a bowl.
  4. Add coconut and half the nuts.
  5. Mix well to form a dough.Pinch out small portions and shape them into small logs.
  6. Roll them over the remaining powdered nuts and it is ready to be served!
Isn't it simple!!!!





Note:

You can also shape them like ladoo's or spread the mixture on a plate and cut into squares.

I have also tried another version of this dessert.I skipped out coconut and used a mixture of powdered nuts and Digestive biscuits to bind the dough as well as coat the dessert. This version is less sweet and we prefer it this way....

Sending this to Only event being hosted by Gayathri with the theme Only Sweets and Desserts


And to Denny's and Kirthi's, Serve it- Festival Potluck



Khushi's My Diwali My way



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#9

More recipes with dates...

Microwave Dates Fudge
Microwave Eggless Dates Cake
Kajur- Imli Ki Chutney - Dates Tamarind chutney for chaats


This Day That Year...

2010 - Chocolate Milkshake and Soya Cormmeal Dosa
2009 - Garlic Noodles

Bon Appetit...

Labels: , , , , ,