Microwave Eggless Dates Cake

It was freezing cold outside. The weather report said it was minus 6 degrees outside but due to high speed winds, it was as cold as minus 16 degrees!!!! The weather report sure did dampen our spirits but I had to cook and clean.

Morning started off with breakfast preparations and then moved on to make dishes for lunch and in between this I made Kashmiri Dum Aloo for Indian cooking challenge. Though this house has heating through out, our land lady did not keep one for the kitchen. I wonder why! I do have a table top heater but when it is extremely cold outside, it fails in its duty. I could feel my feet starting to freeze yet I carried on.Almost all the work was over and when I looked at the clock it was 3pm.

I was sullen as it was time again to make preparations for tea. That means I had to make some snacks as my folks love to have something to munch with tea / coffee. I was in no mood to stand there in the freezing cold kitchen yet again.

I remembered seeing an Eggless date’s cake in Padma’s blog and I wanted to try it out. By now you must be aware of the fact that I love to bake , that too in the microwave and its egg less. This also means that I could make a quick snack for my family. I altered the recipe and baked in the microwave. The time taken to bake this cake is less than the time I took to write this post. Yes, the cake was ready in 4 minutes flat!!!

Without further delay let me show you the yummy cake that I baked ….




I used:

Maida – 1 cup
Pitted dates – 10 numbers
Sweetened condensed milk  100ml
Baking powder- ½ a teaspoon
Butter- 2 tablespoons
Flax seeds-1 tablespoon



Microwave the date in half a cup of water for 3 minutes or till soft.



Drain the water and reserve. Cool and puree the dates with a teaspoon of water used to soften it.


Add condensed milk



Followed by butter and blend for 2-3 minutes till all the ingredients are well blended.



In a bowl, put in the maida and baking powder.



Add the date mixture and mix well.Since the mixture was too dry, I added 2 tablespoons of water that was used to soften the dates.



Transfer into a greased tray and sprinkle flax seeds on top.


Microwave for 4 minutes or till a skewer when inserted comes out clean. Let it stand in the microwave for 2 minutes. Remove from the microwave and let it cool completely.



Cut into slices and indulge!!!!

My notes:


My tools, method and click may not be professional but this cake was a hit! I will be making this often.



Sending this to Its Time To Jingle Again event going on @ Asan Khana.

I am also sending this to Srivalli's Kid's Delight-Holiday Specials event.This also goes to her other event 365 days of MW cooking.. This is a last minute entry to her kid's delight event and really so sweet of her to accept my entry :).

And to Dr.Sameena's Cakes and Cookies for X'mas event.

Check out the other Microwave eggless bakes here

Bon Appetit...

Labels: , , , , ,