Garlic Noodles for Taste and Create

For this months edition of Taste and create,I was paired with Marthe of Culinary Delights.

Taste and create is a monthly blogging event where we are paired with another blogger and prepare dishes from the partner's blog.It is an event started by Nicole of For the love of food to appreciate the dishes from another blog and share our thoughts about the dish we prepared.If you would like to join the fun,sign up for next month's edition.

As I was telling you,I was paired with Marthe. True to the name, it is a delight to browse Marthe's blog which has lots and lots of baked goodies and I was literally drooling.Then it struck me that I don't have an oven,so I had to look for some other dish.I found this Garlic noodles recipe and immediately bookmarked it.Since I am a vegetarian I have omitted the oyster sauce but stuck to the other ingredients.

It was really easy to prepare.I was skeptical if the amount of garlic would be over-powering,but it was just right.Here is the garlic noodles that I created from Marthe's blog.

You need:

Chinese noodles- 1 pack
Red onion-1,chopped
Garlic-4 cloves,minced
Salted butter-2 tablespoons
Light brown sugar-2 teaspoons
Soy sauce-1 teaspoon

  1. Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the pack.[I cooked the noodles in a pan of water and drained it completely].
  2. In a small bowl combine soy sauce and brown sugar.Keep aside.[I added a little water to make a thin paste.]
  3. Heat a pan with butter and put in the onion and garlic.Stir so that it does not burn.Cook for a minute.
  4. Add the noodles and the sauce mixture and mix well.
  5. Remove from heat and serve hot.


This is an easy breezy dish and I am sure to prepare it again when I need a quick breakfast.The next time I will reduce the quantity of brown sugar as I found it a little too sweet for my liking but lil angel loved it!!!


Labels: , ,