So when there was a request from her that I should prepare 'purple' rice for lunch,I made this version from Priya's Blog which is being featured in this months edition of Tried and Tasted hosted here.
I used the Paruppu podi that mom had sent me.I t was a delicious dish that we all enjoyed.
Purple cabbage rice with paruppu podiSource : Priya's Easy N tasty Recipes
I used :
Cooked rice - 2 cups
Purple cabbage ,grated - 1 cup
Onion- 1 chopped
Paruppu podi - 2 teaspoon
Coriander powder-1/4 a teaspoon
Curry leaves- a few
Mustard- 1/2 a teaspoon
Cumin seeds-1/2 a teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil- 2 teaspoons
- Heat oil in a pan and put in mustard,cumin and curry leaves.
- When it splutters put in onion and saute till translucent.
- Next in goes the grated cabbage,coriander powder and saute.Do not add water as u will end up with a dull blue rice instead of a vibrant purple rice.
- When the cabbage is cooked ,put in paruppu podi,salt .
- Switch off flame,mix well and serve hot.
This day That year
2008 - Fusion Rice prepared on an uninspiring day in my kitchen that turned out to be yum!