Yesterday I was browsing Indus Ladies website.We have a lot of things going on there!You can find discussions in every topic starting from food,fashion,parenting,education,work,hobbies,entertainment and a whole lot of other topics!.There are quite a lot of discussions going on too.There are contests as well.You can find tips contributed by members that make life a lot easier.And you too can share your tips with the members.So do take a look and join the fun...
For today's post I have a simple and healthy side dish that goes well this Chapathi /Poori.A medley of vegetables and tofu simmered in a tomato based gravy!!
Mixed vegetables- 2 cups,chopped[I used carrot,peas,beans,peas and cauliflower]
Ginger garlic paste-1 teaspoon
Chilli powder-1 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin powder-1 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1/2 a teaspoon
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Serve as a side dish for Chapthi /Poori.
- Blanch Tomato , puree and keep aside.You can also blanch 2 tomatoes and chop one.In that case cook tomatoes till soft in step 6 before adding the vegetables and proceed.
- Pressure cook / microwave the vegetable till they are 90% done.
- Heat oil in a pan and put in the mustard and cumin seeds.
- When it crackles,add the onion and ginger garlic paste.
- Saute till the onion is soft.
- Put in the vegetables,tomato puree,salt,chilli powder,cumin powder.Mix well.Adjust consistency by adding water if required.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes or till the vegetables are fully cooked.
- Add the crumbled tofu and garam masala and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
We had it with Spicy Roti
This goes to my event Tasty Tofu Treats going on in my blog...
This day that year...
2008 - The second day of Recipe Marathon saw this wonderful and fluffy Rava Idli.
Labels: Rotisides, Vegan varieties, Whoz on my side