Now to today's post...I try to make variations in the types of Chapthi / Roti / Parathas we have for dinner,as I mentioned yesterday..Any change is welcome in our household.So when I saw this recipe id Dk's blog.It was a lot different from the Masala chapathi that I make and decided to try it out.So here it is...
|Spicy Roti served with mixed vegetables and tofu masala gravy|
Recipe source - Chef In You
Whole wheat flour -3 cups
Warm milk -1/2 a cup
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Fennel seeds-1/2 a teaspoon
Garam masala -1/4 teaspoon
Pepper powder-1/4 teaspoon
Coriander leaves,finely chopped-2 tablespoons
Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, put in all the ingredients except milk and mix well.
- Add the milk and a little water to make dough that is not too sticky not tough.
- Let it rest covered for 15 minutes.
- Knead once again and pinch small balls and roll out into chapattis
- Cook on a heated griddle till brown spots appear on both side.
- Serve with a gravy / any side dish of your choice.
|Spicy Roti served with Mixed Vegetables-Tofu gravy|
Priya of Priya's easy and tasty recipes has chosen Divya's Chef in You for this months edition of Tried and Tasted,an event started by Zlamushka and now being carried on by Lakshmi of Kitchen Chronicles.So off this goes to Priya's event.