A simple Gujarati Raita to go with flavored rice dishes.I made this one to go with the Microwave Spicy Pulao.This raita is also made in the microwave.You can also try it on the stove top.
Potato -1 small,peeled and chopped into small cubes
Yogurt,thick n fresh -2 cups
Cumin powder- 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder-1/2 a teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves to garnish
Serve with a rice dish garnished with mint / coriander leaves.
- In a microwave safe bowl,put in potato and enough water and microwave covered for 5 minutes or till the potato is 90% done.
- Drain remaining water and keep aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl put in oil and potato and mix.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes,stirring at the end of the second minute.Let it cool.
- Whisk yogurt with salt,chilli powder and cumin powder.
- Add the potato to the yogurt.
This goes to Srivalli's 365 days of MW cooking
Indrani is hosting MEC this month, an event started by Srivalli.She has asked for a combo meal i.e.3 dish meal for the event - Rice,a side dish and dessert.So here they...Microwave Spicy Pulao,Aloo nu raita and Healthy Oats cake with custard sauce
And this simple yogurt based salad also goes to Pari's Only event
, this month hosted by Prathiba with the theme Salads.
Blogging Marathon is going on great.Check out what my friends are up to..Srivalli,Monika, Jayasree , Priya Suresh, Azeema, Priya Srinivasan, Reva,Ayeesha , Soumya , Veena and Usha
This day That year...
2010 - Omega 3 Fatty Acids -Their functions in the body,deficiency,sources etc and a restaurant review on the delicious food at Awashanzhai
2008- Bisi Bele Huli Anna- a recipe that has been passed down through the generations and an easy Carrot raita to serve as a side dish with Bisi Bele Huli Anna
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Gujarat, Microwave Magic, Potato, Raita, Whoz on my side, Yumm Yoghurt