For the past couple of years I wanted to join NaBloPoMo.I blog everyday,well, almost everyday except maybe a weekend,so I thought why not join this and blog everyday.So starting from today I will be blogging non stop[as I do now] since I have officially become a member of NaBloPoMo.Let us move on to some updates and today's post...
A few changes here and there at Seduce Your Tastebuds...Older clicks are being replaced by the better pics and here are the recipes that got a face lift..
Wheat rava upma-A South Indian 'fast food'.
Instant oats dosa-An express breakfast
Simple and easy Moong dal -A side dish for poori and chapathi
Coming to today's post,often when we make vadai,/ lentil fritters,we like to add in something that makes it tasty and a wee bit healthy.This time we added mint,coriander leaves and drumstick leaves from our backyard.
For this tasty recipe you need:
Gram / channa dhal-2 cup
Toor dhal-1 a cup
Mint leaves –a handful
Coriander leaves-a handful
Drumstick leaves-a handful
Onion-1 finely chopped
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil- to deep fry
- Soak both the dals and chilli for not more than half an hour.
- Drain completely.
- Meanwhile finely chop the mint and coriander leaves.
- Grind the dal and the red chillies to not-too-smooth a batter.As far as possible don’t add water.Too much water results in soggy vadas.If required add just a few sprinkles.
- Remove the batter into a dish.
- Add salt,onion,cumin seeds and the herbs.
- Mix well and make small balls.Flatten each ball and drop them into hot oil.
- Fry till they are golden brown in color.
Labels: Party Snacks, Snack Bar, Vegan varieties