I love Paneer Parotta.I first tasted this when I was expecting my lil one.MIL and me were on a walk and suddenly I felt hungry thanks to the aroma coming from a restaurant on the way.So I went in and decided to pack the first dish that I set my eyes on the menu card and the lucky winner was this paneer parotta.By the time I got home I was super hungry and instantly devoured the whole box of Paneer parotta.Ever since it has been my favorite.
I usually pack this from my fav restaurant but before I left my hometown I thought I will make this at home and deciphered the dish.I was surprised at the ingredients!! Read on and you will know why...
Parotta - 4 ,roughly torn
Homemade Paneer - 1/2 a cup ,crumbled
Finely shredded cabbage-1/4 cup [Surprised?So was I!!!But no one can ever guess it was there!]
Garam masala-1 teaspoon
Chilli powder-1/2 a teaspoon
Turmeric powder - a large pinch
Curry Leaves- afew
Salt to taste
Grated cheese and coriander leaves to garnish.
Serve hot garnished with grated cheese and coriander leaves.If you like you can also serve with a few slices of onion and a wedge of lime like they serve in the restaurants.
- Heat oil in a pan and put in cumin seeds,curry leaves.
- When it splutters,put in onion and cabbage and saute till soft.
- Add garam masala,turmeric powder,chilli powder and salt.
- Mix well and add a splash of water so that the masalas don't get burnt.
- Put in the roughly torn parotta pieces and panner.
- Mix well and add another splash of water if the mixture is too dry.
- Simmer and cover and cook for two minutes for the flavors to mix.
Leftover parota / Chapathi too works fir this recipe.I guess that what they use in the restaurants as well :)
Sending this to Sowjanya who is hosting this weeks Blogger Secret Ingredient-BSI Paneer
Labels: Bread Basket, Flatbreads, KLBRoti, Paneer