The vegetable that I mistook for beetroot and later that it was purple carrot and finally found out that it was purple radish went to the Paratha that I made.No difference in the method but the result was definitely colorful...These parathas are slightly thicker than Chapathis....
Whole wheat flour- 3 cups
Purple radish-1,peeled and grated
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Black sesame seeds-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Take all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and pour little water.
- Knead well and add water in small batches to make a firm dough.Knead again for 5 minutes.
- Cover and let it rest for at least half an hour.
- Knead again and pinch out golf sized balls and roll out into roundels .Use a little flour to dust if its sticky.
- Heat a griddle and cook the parathas till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- You can use the regular radish instead of purple radish.
- I did not use oil to cook the Parathas.