This post has been hiding in my drafts since October 2009!!!I had made it as a side dish for Mooli paratha and I forgot to post it .So it just sat there waiting for its turn to be displayed on the blog.When I was browsing through some pic that I had clicked for the blog,I saw these clicks and that's when I realized it.
Palak dhal is a simple and easy recipe that goes well with Chapathi / Poori and I don't think I have to say its nutritious.
You can vary the proportion of Palak and moong dhal ratio and similarly make it watery or thick to suit your taste.
Here is what I used:
Spinach /Palak - 1 bunch,roughly chopped
Moong dhal-1 cup
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Serve as a side dish with Chapathi / Poori.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and put in cumin seeds and red chillies
- When the cumin seeds crackle,put in onion and garlic pods and saute till the onion turns translucent.
- Put in the tomato and cook till soft.
- Next in goes the chopped palak and saute for a minute.
- Put in water[I used 2 cups],turmeric powder,salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the moong dhal and pressure cook for 10 minutes or till dhal is soft.
This goes to Healing foods event hosted by Divya ,an event started by Siri
Labels: Rotisides, Vegan varieties, Whoz on my side