Palak Dhal

This post has been hiding in my drafts since October 2009!!!I had made it as a side dish for Mooli paratha and I forgot to post it .So it just sat there waiting for its turn to be displayed on the blog.When I was browsing through some pic that I had clicked for the blog,I saw these clicks and that's when I realized it.

Palak dhal is a simple and easy recipe that goes well with Chapathi / Poori and I don't think I have to say its nutritious.

You can vary the proportion of Palak and moong dhal ratio and similarly make it watery or thick to suit your taste.



Here is what I used:

Spinach /Palak - 1 bunch,roughly chopped
Moong dhal-1 cup
Garlic-5 pods
Onion-1 small,chopped
Tomato-1 ,chopped
Red chillies-3
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder
Oil-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste

  1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and put in cumin seeds and red chillies
  2. When the cumin seeds crackle,put in onion and garlic pods and saute till the onion turns translucent.
  3. Put in the tomato and cook till soft.
  4. Next in goes the chopped palak and saute for a minute.
  5. Put in water[I used 2 cups],turmeric powder,salt and bring to a boil.
  6. Add the moong dhal and pressure cook for 10 minutes or till dhal is soft.
Serve as a side dish with Chapathi / Poori.





This goes to Healing foods event hosted by Divya ,an event started by Siri

Bon Appetit...

Labels: , ,