Poori,the unleavened deep fried Indian bread, was our breakfast today.Each household has a method of kneading the dough.Some use maida with wheat flour and also a little oil/butter/ghee while keading the dough.Here is my version.
Wheat flour - 1 cup + 1/4 cup for dusting
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Mix the flour and salt in a bowl and add a little luke warm water and knead well to a firm dough.
- Divide the dough into small balls and roll out thin discs using a rolling pin[dusting a little flour as u roll it out.]
- Heat oil and carefully slide a disc into the oil.
- Press the disc lighly and it will puff up.
- Wait for a few seconds and turn it over.
- Deep fry till golden brown on both sides.[Medium flame]
- Repeat for the remaining discs.
- Serve with Potato masal or a simple dal.
Labels: Bread Basket, KLBPoori, Morning Raga, Poori Recipes, Vegan varieties