Well,who doesn’t like potato and peas! When they are paired its definitely a fantastic combination!! Here is Raaga’s Aloo matar recipe with a very few minor changes.This is for Divya who is hosting this month's edition of Tried and tasted
Potato -1 large, peeled and cubed
Peas – 1 cup
Onion – 1 , chopped
Tomato -1 ,chopped
Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder -1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Coriander powder – ½ a teaspoon
Grated ginger – 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves- a few
Mustard – 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds- ½ a teaspoon
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the mustard , cumin and curry leaves.
2. When they crackle add the onion,ginger and sauté till onion is translucent
3. Add the tomato ,turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and cook till tomato is mushy.
4. Add around ½ cup of water and bring to a boil.
5. Put in the potato and peas and pressure cook for 10 minutes or till done.
6. When the pressure releases, add garam masala and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.Remove from heat.
Serve garnished with coriander leaves. This goes well with Poori / Chapathi.
Recipes posted today..
Coriander Cauliflower peas curry
Masala vegetable pasta
Simple Channa salad