is a favorite dish at home and it finds its place on the table almost every week.This week I wanted a change and prepared masala poori.
It actually involves no extra work but the taste is excellent.Lil angel is fond of this poori and hence I prepared this for Srivalli's Kid's Delight event
Whole wheat flour-2 cups + 1/4 cup for dusting
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Sesame seeds-1 tablespoon[I used black]
Jeera/cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Chilli powder/garam masala- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Take a large bowl and put in all the ingredients.
- Mix well and add water [little by little] and knead to a firm dough.
- Pinch out small balls and roll out small circles.Dust a little flour if needed.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the pooris till they are golden brown on both sides.
- Drain and serve hot with potato masal.
Mini masala pooris served with potato masal for my lil angel
Labels: Bread Basket, KLBPoori, Morning Raga, Poori Recipes, Vegan varieties