Poori and potato masal are so made for each other that many would never want to separate them. Crispy pooris dunked into piping hot potato masal and savored is heaven by itself!!
For this yummy masal you need:
Potato - 3 medium sized
Onion - 1, chopped
Tomato - 1 small, chopped
Garlic - 4 pods - grated/minced/chopped
Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
Mustard - 1 teaspoon
Cumin/jeera - 1 teaspoon
Oil - 2 teaspoons
Curry leaves - a few
Salt to taste
Coriander to garnish
1. Peel and half the potatoes and pressure cook till done. Mash roughly and keep aside.
2. Heat a pan with oil and put in mustard and jeera
3. When they crackle, put in curry leaves and wait for it to crisp
4. Put in onion,green chillies and garlic and saute till the onion turns transparent
5. Add the tomatoes and cook till mushy.
6. Put in the roughly mashed potatoes and add a little water.
7. Add chilli powder and salt and mix well.
8. Cook till it comes to a boil.
9. Add more water if it dries up.
10. Simmer for 2 minutes and remove from flame
Serve with Poori... It also goes well with Roti/Chapathi
Labels: Potato, Rotisides, Vegan varieties, Whoz on my side