Zucchini or courgette is one vegetable that I picked up from the farmers market after much hesitation initially. Once I started using it in my cooking, it became a regular in the shopping list.One of the dishes that I make often is this kootu / gravy that has become a family favorite.I prepare this in the pressure cooker so it gets done quickly and there is just one vessel to wash up later.
Zucchini - 1,medium size,peeled and diced
Moong dal -1 cup
Onion-1,peeled and chopped
Sambar powder-2 teaspoons
Curry leaves - a few
Salt to taste
Oil- 2 teaspoons
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat oi l in a pressure cooker.
- Put in mustard and curry leaves.
- When the mustard crackles, put in onion and saute till light brown.
- Next in goes tomato and cook for a few minutes.
- Add 2 cups water and bring to boil.[Adjust the quantity of water based on the gravy consistency you prefer]
- Put in zucchini cubes, moong dal, sambarpowder, salt.Mix well.
- Pressure cook for 10-15 minutes or till the dal is soft.
- When the pressure releases,remove the gravy into a serving dish and garnish with coriander leaves.
This goes well with Chapathi and poori...
Check out the Blogging Marathon page to find out what my fellow bloggers are cooking this week....
Sending this to Susan's - My Legume Love Affair #43 hosted @Chez Cayenee and to Hema's Double celebration event - Murari Anniversary Giveaway
This Day That Year...
2011 - Corn Pulao
2010 - Tangy Aval Upma and Vendakkai Vatral Puli Kuzhambu
2009 - Chole for bhatura
Labels: Better Half, Blogging Marathon, Misc Rice Sides, Sides for Rice, Split Moong Dal Recipes, Vegan varieties