I once got a bag of these beautiful corns.My folks are not into enjoying corn to a greater degree so before I froze the batch,I made this corn pulao.I served it with brinjal raita.The pulao was welcomed by the young and elderly alike and I can happily say it was a hit!
Rice- 2 cups,cooked,grains separate
Fresh corn-1/2 a cup
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Whole spices - Cardamom- 2, Cloves- 2, Cinnamon-1" piece,Bay leaf - 1
Ginger garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 teaspoon
- Microwave corn with enough water.I microwaved it for 5 minutes till it was almost tender.Drain and keep aside.The same can be done on the stove top too.
- Heat oil in a pan and put in cumin seeds and whole spice.
- When the cumin crackles, add the ginger garlic paste,turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
- Add onion and carrot and cook till onion turns translucent.
- Put in the corn,rice,salt and mix well.
- Reduce the heat and cover and cook for 5 minutes for the flavors to blend.If the rice mixture is dry,sprinkle a little water.Take care not to add too much water as the rice will turn mushy.
- Remove from heat and serve with raita / pappad
Check out what my fellow marathoners are up to today...Srivalli,Monika, Jayasree , Priya Suresh, Azeema, Priya Srinivasan, Reva,Ayeesha , Soumya , Veena and Usha
This day that year...
2010 - Tangy Aval Upma - 'My life saver' recipe.
2009- Chole - A perfect pair for Bhatura
Labels: Blogging Marathon, KLBRice, Raita, Rendezvous with Rice, Vegan varieties