Almost a year ago, out of sheer necessity I 'invented' a Instant ginger pickle on a lazy Sunday morning and the recipe clicked with the family .It has become a regular one these days. Then one day when I wanted a different flavored vegetable curry, I added a couple of spoons of this pickle and the simple cauliflower curry was the hit of the meal.....
Cauliflower - 1, broken into florets
Instant ginger pickle - 3 teaspoons[ Add more if you prefer a pronounced gingery flavor]
Onion- 1, sliced
Tomato- 1, chopped
Capsicum- 1 small, chopped
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Chili powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves - a few
Mustard- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Microwave the cauliflower florets with a little water till almost done. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and put in mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- When the mustard splutter,put in onion and saute till translucent.
- Next in goes the tomato and cook till soft.
- Put in turmeric power,chilli power, ginger pickle and capsicum.
- Saute the capsicum for a few minutes. The capsicum should be cooked till just done. It should still have a slight crunch.
- Put in the cooked cauliflower , salt and mix well.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes for the flavors to blend.Remove from heat and serve as a side dish with steamed rice.
This Day That Year....
2010 - Shrikand
2009 - Carbohydrates
Labels: Capsicum Recipes, Cauliflower, Dry Veg Curries, Goodies from veggies, Vegan varieties