Eggless Whole Wheat Almond Cookies

I am early with my post for Taste and Create. And by ' early' I meant before the deadline. For the past couple of months, my posts for Taste and Create was just on time.I cook and post on the last day in such a hurry that my folks at home wonder 'What's the great rush'!!!!! But not this month :)

I am paired with Veena of Veg Junction this month.She has a wonderful blog full of delicious vegetarian dishes.I have known Veena for quite sometime,meeting often during the blogging marathons. Though I have bookmarked  many recipes from her blog, now I really got down to creating her dishes in my kitchen.I have prepared a couple of other dishes as well from her blog and today I am posting our favorite....

For this edition, the first recipe that I choose is a cookie,as the name of this post suggests,the one with nuts as I was sure my Lil Angel would love it.The whole batch of cookies disappeared in 2 days and she is asking me to make another batch for her as soon as possible!

Before I go on to the recipe here is a glimpse of the crunchy cookie...


I used:
Recipe Source-Veg Junction

Whole wheat flour- 1 cup
Butter- 100 grams
Powdered sugar - 1/3 cup
Sliced almonds-1/4 cup
Salt- 1/4 teaspoon



1.Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.

2.In a bowl mix together flour,sugar, salt and almonds

2.Put in butter
3.knead to a dough.

4. Pinch out small balls from the dough. I got around 20.


5.Flatten them slightly.Place them on a baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes or till golden brown.


6.Cool on a wire rack


7.Store in an airtight container


or serve with a mug of coffee / Tea


Note :


It is fun creating dishes for  Taste and Create ...Would you like to join ? I am sure you will ,after you read the intro... Taste and Create , started by Nicole, is a food community where we are paired with another blogger and we get to taste and create the recipes from the partner's blog.Got you interested, didn't I? Just email Min @ cowgirlmin07@gmail.com with your name, blog name and a link to your blog to sign up.Hope to see you in the next edition of Taste and Create.....

Sending this to Vardhini's Bake Fest #1 and to Khushi's Bake with your heart

This Day That Year...

2010 - Braised Tofu With Vegetables
2008 - Curd Aval - Pressed rice in seasoned yogurt

Bon Appetit...

Labels: , , ,