A fat free dessert for Diwali!!I saw this recipe in Harini's Tamalpaku and knew I had to make these cuties.I made a couple of changes in her recipe.This dessert was worth the try.I felt it was very innovative to use bread in with dates and the taste was awesome without a hint of taste from the bread crumbs...
Adapted from Tamalpaku
Dates 15 numbers
Bread crumbs - 1/2 cup [more or less]
Cinnamon powder- a pinch
Cardamom powder- a pinch
Mixed nuts powder- 2 tablespoons [ I used almonds and cashews]
Milk - a few tablespoons
Coconut, grated- 1/2 cup
- Grind the dates with a little milk to a fine paste.
- In a bowl take this paste, bread crumbs,cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, nuts powder and mix well.If the dough is sticky add a little more nuts powder / bread crumbs.
- Pinch out small balls and roll into laddus.
- Roll them over the grated coconut.
Delicious ,sugar free and fat free laddu is ready to be served.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#9
- Use desiccated coconut if you make a large batch as it will stay good for longer. Since I made small batch and did not have desiccated coconut, I used fresh coconut.
- Coconut can also be used as a garnish instead of rolling it over coconut.
Sending this to Only event being hosted by Gayathri with the theme Only Sweets and Desserts
And to Denny's and Kirthi's, Serve it- Festival Potluck
Khushi's My Diwali My way
This Day That Year...
2010 - Vegan Pad Thai
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Diwali Sweets, Fun With Fruits, No cook recipes, Sweet temptations