Today morning when I opened my mailbox,I got a suprise from Preeti of ISing Cakes.She too has passed on 'One Lovely Blog 'Award.Thanks a bunch Preeti :).I have posted it here.
Coming to the recipe of the day,I made the famous Pad Thai from the Thai cuisine.And this is actually the first time that I am trying Pad Thai,thanks to both Priya and Divya.Priya of Priya's easy and tasty recipes has chosen Divya's Chef in You for this months edition of Tried and Tasted,an event started by Zlamushka and now being carried on by Lakshmi of Kitchen Chronicles.
This is the rice noodle variety that I used
Vegan Pad Thai
Recipe source - Chef In You
Thick variety Rice noodles -2 blocks
Bean sprouts-a handful
Garlic-2 cloves, minced
Roasted peanuts-a handful
Carrot-1, small, julienne
Firm tofu-a small block
Rice flour-3 tablespoons
Soy sauce- 4 tablespoons
Tamarind paste-1/2 a teaspoon
Sesame oil-2 teaspoons
Coriander leaves and spring onions ,chopped to garnish
Salt to taste
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the pack and keep aside.
- Cut tofu into small cubes and place them on a plate with rice flour. Toss gently so that the tofu cubes gets coated with the flour.
- Heat a pan with 1 tablespoon oil and place the tofu cube over the oil. Once in a while turn them around so that both the side turn brownish .Drain and keep aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and put in onion,garlic and carrots.Cook till soft.
- Put in the capsicum,soy sauce,tamarind paste and stir fry on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles and salt.Mix well.
- Put in Tofu pieces and stir gently taking care not to break the tofu pieces.
- Cook on high heat for another 5 minutes stirring gently once in a while.
- Switch off the heat and add the sprouts and the peanuts.
- Serve garnished with coriander and chopped spring onions
Labels: Flavors from across the border, Morning Raga, PN, Thai Cuisine, Vegan varieties