I have already professed my love for yogurt many times in this blog. I have blogged about 40 different ways in which this yummy yogurt can be cooked. Right from the simple raita to elaborate Paruppu Urundai More Kuzhambu, cooling smoothies to delicious kadhi’s, I love yogurt in any form.
Today I made this simple and creamy yogurt dip with a basil flavor. Reva @ Kaarasaaram
is hosting my event Herbs and Flowers in my platter
with the theme - Basil
.So this dip was exclusively prepared for the event.
Plain yogurt [fresh] – 1 cup
Garlic – 1 clove, minced
Fresh Basil – a handful, finely chopped
Salt to taste
A few pomegranate pearls to garnish.[Optional]
- Take the yogurt in a sieve lined with cheese cloth, cover and refrigerate till the water has drained completely.
- Transfer the yogurt to a bowl and discard the liquid.
- To the yogurt, add the chopped basil, minced garlic and salt and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours for the flavor to blend.
Serve garnished with pomegranate pearls along with chips / crudités
- If you detest the flavor of raw garlic, then boil a little water and drop in the garlic. Once its almost soft, mash it and add to the yogurt
- Olive oil can also me added to the dip in step 3
- Other herbs like parsley,mint etc can also be used.
Other recipes with Basil
This Day That Year...
No posts from the past.....
Labels: Cooking with herbs / flowers, Herbs, No cook recipes, Raita, Whoz on my side, Yumm Yoghurt