Blogging Marathon edition 3 starts from today and will go on for a whole week.As always, Srivalli suggested some themes and I chose 'Kids friendly recipes'.Take a look at my fellow bloggers to see what they are cooking....
Champa,Divya,Gayathri Anand,Gayathri Kumar,Monica,Padma Dharmaraj, Savitha, Smitha, Srivalli, Usha, Veena Aravind.
I tend to call any dish 'kid friendly' if my Lil one eats it without much fuss.Soups are something that need no coaxing.I had a pack of alphabet pasta and added a handful to the soup.Lil Angel is still too young to recognize the alphabets,yet it was fun to watch her guess them.
Three vegetables and pasta went into this soup and made it wholesome and filling.While my folks had it instead of the evening tea,I had it as light evening meal with a small piece of bun roll.The alphabet pasta that I used is very small and mixes well with the soup.You can use any kind of pasta.
Capsicum,red - 1
Tomato - 2
Alphabet Pasta -a handful , cooked according to the direction on the pack
Garlic- 2 large cloves
Ginger- 1" piece
Vegetable stock / water -1 -2 cups
Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
Chilli flakes- to taste
Salt to taste
Toasted sesame seeds and coriander to garnish
- Chop the veggies roughly and pressure cook / microwave with enough water till they are soft.I pressure cooked the veggies along with garlic and ginger.
- Cool and puree along with the water used to cook it.
- Heat a pan and pour in the puree.
- Add vegetable stock / water to get the consistency of your choice.
- Add the cooked pasta .
- Put in cumin and chilli flakes and bring to boil.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and coriander leaves and serve hot as such or with bread rolls / bun.
This soup can be improvised in a thousand ways.These are just a few that I do often to give a change ....
- Instead of vegetable stock add a cup of milk when the soup is simmering
- Add a swirl of fresh cream as a garnish
- A cup of orange juice can be used along with vegetable stock.
As much as I love winter, the only thing I hate about it is cooking in the little kitchen of mine
on those awfully cold days,especially when I have to prepare something for the evening tea or for dinner.I prefer quick fixes on those cold wintry evenings.Thus was born this tasty and filling soup which gets ready in minutes...So sending this to Nivedita who is hosting Only- original recipes
an event started by Pari
This day That year...
2010 - Methi Muttar Pulao
2008 - Does the food you eat affect your mood? Find out from this post
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Pasta Recipes, PN, Slurpy soups, Vegan varieties