This is a delectable combination of methi [Fenugreek leaves] and peas with a hint of spices and without a tinge of bitterness!
Cooked rice-2 cups
Kasuri methi[Dry fenugreek leaves]- 2 tablespoons
Peas-1/2 a cup,boiled till just cooked
Sambar powder-1 teaspoon
Curry leaves – a few
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
1. Soak kasuri methi in a little warm water .After 5 minutes squeeze out the water discard.Keep the kasuri methi aside
2. Heat a pan with oil and put in mustard, cumin seeds, bay leaf and curry leaves.
3. When the mustard crackles,put in onion and sauté till it is translucent
4. Put in the tomato and cook till it is mushy
5. Add salt,sambar powder and the kasuri methi.
6. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add peas and cooked rice and gently mix everything together.Sprinkle a little water if the rice is too dry.
8. Reduce the heat and cover and cook for 5 minutes for the flavors to blend.
Serve hot as such or with raita and pappad.
You can also use fresh fenugreek leaves in this recipe.Add it in step 5 and sauté till it wilts and continue as above.
Sending this to Yasmeen’s Bitter better health.Also joining this event are –
Sprouted fenugreek sambar
Bitter gourd crisps
Bitter gourd stir fry
Labels: Cooking with herbs / flowers, Herbs, KLBRice, Methi, Rendezvous with Rice, Vegan varieties