Turkish Haydari For Taste and Create

This month for taste and create I was thrilled to be paired with Nicole who writes at For the love of food and is also the founder of this wonderful food community. Though I had prepared two recipes from her blog, I missed posting it by the scheduled date.So today you will see two recipe prepared from my favorite ingredient - Yogurt.

The first one is Turkish Haydari [Yogurt Dip] which works well as a dipping sauce with chips and fries and also an excellent side dish with Chapathi.


I could not find dill around here, so I used mint leaves instead.Nicole's recipe is here

I used:

Fresh yogurt,thick - 1 cup
Mint leaves, finely chopped, a few tablespoons
Garlic - 1 clove, minced
Salt to taste
Chilli powder- to taste
Salt to taste
Olive oil- 1 teaspoon


  1. In a bowl put in yogurt,mint leaves,garlic , salt and mix well.
  2. Cover and chill till ready to use.
  3. Just before serving sprinkle chilli powder and drizzle a little olive oil



This day That Year...

2010 - Spicy Garlic butter for toast 
Vegetable sandwich
Greens Sambar

Bon Appetit...

Labels: , , , , ,