Before I go deeper into analyzing the other aspects of pregnancy, I thought I will write about the signs and symptoms of pregnancy.Most of us are aware about it but anyways sharing them here.
Not all the pregnant women experience all these sign and symptoms.It varies from person to person.Some experience most of them while some don't experience anything at all.Some of the earliest symptoms may mimic premenstrual symptoms.The earliest symptoms may not be very obvious in some.
- A missed period is one of the things that tell you that you may be pregnant. A missed period may not always be a tell-tale sign of pregnancy.But when you are trying to conceive, this is the first one that you will notice.
- Some women may experience fatigue or tiredness.Wanting to sleep all the time ,wanting to laze around, no impulse to do any kind of work are some of the things that you may find yourself in.Even a small job or something that you love to do may make you feel wiped out.This may be due to the hormone levels that are raising in the body preparing you for the motherhood.
- Are you making frequent trips to the rest room? Then maybe its time to do a pregnancy test.The kidney is processing more fluids so that's the reason for frequent urination.It may also be because the body begins producing a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG)
- Even if you have not done a pregnancy check and feel queasy or nauseous in the morning,then 'congrats!'.Most women experience morning sickness as early as the first week into pregnancy!
- Sudden dizziness or fainting while climbing stairs or doing some other work is another symptom to watch for.The uterus swells and it compresses arteries in the legs. This drops the blood pressure and make you dizzy.
- The usually composed self is turning into an irritable character?Well then, you can blame it on those hormones that are rushing through your body.Mood swings and irritability is another early symptom of pregnancy.
- Strange food cravings / aversions appear.You may avoid the food stuffs that you enjoyed until a month ago and crave for foods that you used to hate!
- Breast tenderness / swollen breasts / sore breasts is another sign that you may be pregnant.Even before you are aware the body gets ready.These symptoms are because the body is getting ready to feed your baby after it is born!
- Bleeding!If you are wondering how let me explain.When the fertilized egg burrows itself in the endometrial layer of the uterus,there is staining which may be pink or brown in color.Sometimes it is accompanied with cramps.
- A home / hospital based pregnancy test.A home pregnancy kit will clear all your doubts and confirm the pregnancy.
If you are still not sure,consult your Physician.
Some women may experience symptoms that are not mentioned here.Again, having one of these symptoms need not necessarily confirm pregnancy[apart from the positive pregnancy test].So if in doubt don't hesitate to get in touch with your doctor.
Please note that this is not a medical advise.Consult your Physician if you have any doubts or in need of clarifications.
This Day That Year
2009 - Mil's Instant Rasam
Labels: 365 Days Of Healthy Living