Out of the blue , hubby suggested that I prepare cabbage stir fry to go with chapathi. I had already prepared kurma but since he asked, I made this one too. It was a good combo with chapthi. A little spicy, as he loves spicy stuffs, so alter it according to your taste.
Cabbage, chopped- 2 cups
Onions, chopped – 1 cup
Mustard seeds -1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder- 2 teaspoons
Coriander powder- 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder- ½ a teaspoon
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Curry leaves- a few
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Coriander leaves to garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
2. When it splutters, put in onion and sauté till light brown.
3. Add the cabbage, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and mix well.
4. Cook on high flame stirring continuously till the cabbage is soft. If you like it a little crunchy, remove from heat a little earlier.
5. Serve garnished with coriander leaves.
This goes to Jagruti's Complete My Thali event hosted here with the theme Sabji
Labels: Dry Veg Curries, Goodies from veggies, Vegan varieties