This is the first event announcement on my blog this year and I am mighty glad it is starting with an event hosted for a worthy cause.
Its my turn to host - Complete my Thali event started by Jagruti of Joy Of Cooking.First a little intro about this noble event.CMT is a bimonthly event, where dishes are chosen to complete a thali .Thali as we all know is made of a meal consisting of sweets, fried dishes, chutnies, rice, samabar/dhal, rasam, poori/chapathi, sabji or vegetable dishes, pickles and pappads,practically something that is full of flavor,a mixture of textures and a nutritionally wholesome one.
This month we will be preparing sabji / shaak / porriyal / vegetable side dishes[dry] to be filled in as a part of the Thali. Sabji is an important part of the meal as they provide the requisite vitamins and minerals,keeps us full for long and has fiber [depending on the choice of the vegetable].
So send me your sabji's and a winner will be chosen in the roundup.Jagruthi will try out that winning recipe for the thali.
I call this a 'noble' event coz Jagruti will be donating the amount that was used to prepare the thali at the end of the event to a person who is not blessed to have even a single dish from the thali.Yes, the amount goes to UNICEF.
So dear friends let us cook for this worthy cause...I will post the logo shortly.
Here are a few guidelines for the event...
- Cook a sabji/ dry curry from any cuisine / any vegetable and post it in your blog.
- You can send in any number of entries.Archived ones are accepted if they are re-posted for the event.
- A link to this announcement and to Jagruti's original announcement is a must.
- Non bloggers are also welcome to participate
- The deadline is 17th January 2011
Send me the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You name and your Blog's name
- Name of the dish with the post URL
- Picture of your creation[Please re-size your pics]
Sometimes your mails are lost in the spam folder, so leave a comment on this post after sending your entries.
And,Thanks Jagruti for letting me host this novel event :).I am very happy to be a part of this.
So dear friends,cook up a yummilicious sabji for a wonderful cause and send them across..
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Event Announcement