Carrots are a great source of Beta carotene which is converted into Vitamin A in the body.It also has numerous health benefits that cannot be ignored.There are many ways to use this veggie,like in juices, baking,curries, gravies etc.
I make this easy breezy stir fry when I want to finish off cooking with a simple curry.
Carrots - 2 ,grated
Onion- 1, finely chopped
Mustard seeds-1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds -1 teaspoon
Red chillies -2, broken into bits
Curry leaves - a few
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 teaspoon
Grated coconut - 1 tablespoon[optional]
- Heat oil in a pan and put in mustard, cumin, curry leaves and red chillies.
- When the mustard splutters put in onion and saute till it is soft.
- Add the grated carrot and salt.
- Mix well and cook till the carrot is soft.Sprinkle a little water if needed.
- If using coconut add it mix well and remove from heat.
This goes to Jagruti's Complete My Thali event hosted here with the theme Sabji
We,Srivalli,Monika, Jayasree , Priya Suresh, Azeema, Priya Srinivasan, Reva ,Ayeesha , Soumya and Veena
and myself are doing a blogging marathon this month.Check out what's cooking in their kitchen...
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Carrot, Dry Veg Curries, Goodies from veggies, Vegan varieties