I have already written about Five spice powder in my precious post. I used it here as a seasoning in vegetable curry.This goes to Jagruti's Complete My Thali event hosted here with the theme Sabji
Shiitake mushroom- 100grams
Capsicum – 1,chopped
Tomato -1, chopped
Onion- 1 sliced
Five spice powder- less than ¼ teaspoon
Chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 tablespoon
- Heat oil in a wok and put in cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the onions and sauté till it turns light brown.
- Add tomato and cook till it turns mushy.
- Add the capsicum and mushroom, chilli powder and salt.
- Mix well and cook till the vegetables are cooked to your preference. I like them to be a little crunchy.
- Just before removing from heat put in five spice powder, mix well.
- Remove from heat and serve as such or garnished with coriander leaves.
We,Srivalli ,Reva , Monika and myself, are doing a blogging marathon this month.Peek into their kitchen to see what's cooking there..
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Dry Veg Curries, Five Spice Powder, Goodies from veggies, Mushroom, Touch of the Orient, Vegan varieties