Continuing with the Sabji mania, thanks to Jagruti's Complete My Thali event,here is another version of Greens stir fry with lentils, cooked completely in the Microwave
Greens - 1 bunch, roots removed and finely chopped
Moong dhal- less than 1/4 cup,soak it in warm water for half an hour
Onion- 1 chopped
Red chillies- 2
Garlic -2 cloves, chopped
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds -1 teaspoon
Gram dhal - 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 teaspoon
Serve with a rice dish...
- In a microwave proof bowl take the greens and microwave covered [sprinkle very little water] for 5 minutes or till done.Keep aside
- Wash the moong dhal,change the soaking water and microwave on high wth 1 cup water for 10 minutes or till moong dhal is cooked.The dal must not get mushy.Check in between to see if u need to add more water to cook the dhal.Drain and keep aside.
- In another dish, put in mustard,cumin seeds,red chillies,gram dhal and mix well.Microwave for1 minute or till dal turns light brown.Sometime the dal will crisp but the color will remain the same,that's ok too.
- Put in onion,garlic and mix well.Microwave for 2 minutes or till onion turns soft.
- Add the cooked greens, lentils, salt and mix.Microwave for 2 minutes.Let it cook a little longer if the greens has given out some water.
We,Srivalli,Monika, Jayasree , Priya Suresh, Azeema, Priya Srinivasan, Reva ,Ayeesha , Soumya and Veena
and myself are doing a blogging marathon this month.Check out what's cooking in their kitchen...
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Dry Veg Curries, Goodies from veggies, Microwave Magic, Split Moong Dal Recipes, Vegan varieties