A quick post today.A spicy potato curry from the aromatic Chettinad cuisine.I saw this in one of the blogs but unfortunately forgot to note which one.I recreated this from my memory.
Potato- 2 large
Mustard- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves- a few
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Roast and powder
Urad dhal-1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds-1/2 a teaspoon
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Microwave with enough water for 8 minutes or till 80% done.You can also do this on the stove top
- Drain the water completely and spread out on a kitchen towel.
- Heat oil in a wok and put in mustard,cumin seeds,curry leaves
- When the mustard splutters, saute onions till light brown.
- Put in the potato cubes and stir gently.
- Add salt and the masala powder and stir to coat.
- On low flame roast the potato it is cooked and turns crisp.
- Remove from heat and serve as a side dish with rice dishes
This also goes to Jagruti's Complete My Thali event hosted here with the theme Sabji
My fellow marathoners are churning out some delicacies.Check them out too- Srivalli,Monika, Jayasree , Priya Suresh, Azeema, Priya Srinivasan, Reva ,Ayeesha and Soumya
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Chettinad, Dry Veg Curries, Goodies from veggies, Potato, Vegan varieties