I am on a 'drafts-clearing' spree.I have loads of stir fry recipes and this seems to be the right chance to post them all.When I wanted to host Jagruti's Complete My Thali , Sabji seemed to be a nice choice as we prepare this everyday and most of us don't blog about these simple [yet healthy] stuffs. I sometimes felt so and just let them sit or rather sleep in the drafts.So another reason for this theme to post all those recipies for this event.
I saw this recipe in Shathi Kishnakumar's blog and liked the idea of using sambar powder to flavor the curry.
Chayote squash - 1, peeled and cubed
Onion -1, chopped
Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Sambar powder- 2 teaspoons
Red chillies -2 , broken into bits
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Curry leaves a few
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 teaspoon
- In a microwave proof bowl put in chayote cubes and sprinkle a little water,cover and microwave for 6 minutes or till soft but not mushy.Drain the excess water if present.Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan and put in mustard, cumin seeds, red chillies, curry leaves.
- When the mustard splutters, add onion and saute till soft.
- Put in chayote cubes, sambar powder, salt and mix well.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and remove from heat.
We,Srivalli,Monika, Jayasree , Priya Suresh, Azeema, Priya Srinivasan, Reva ,Ayeesha , Soumya and Veena
and myself are doing a blogging marathon this month.Check out what's cooking in their kitchen...
Labels: Dry Veg Curries, Goodies from veggies, Vegan varieties