I saw this recipe in Shathi Kishnakumar's blog and liked the idea of using sambar powder to flavor the curry.
Chayote squash - 1, peeled and cubed
Onion -1, chopped
Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Sambar powder- 2 teaspoons
Red chillies -2 , broken into bits
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Curry leaves a few
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 teaspoon
- In a microwave proof bowl put in chayote cubes and sprinkle a little water,cover and microwave for 6 minutes or till soft but not mushy.Drain the excess water if present.Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan and put in mustard, cumin seeds, red chillies, curry leaves.
- When the mustard splutters, add onion and saute till soft.
- Put in chayote cubes, sambar powder, salt and mix well.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and remove from heat.
We,Srivalli,Monika, Jayasree , Priya Suresh, Azeema, Priya Srinivasan, Reva ,Ayeesha , Soumya and Veena
and myself are doing a blogging marathon this month.Check out what's cooking in their kitchen...