I had some fresh paneer at home and wanted to use them in parathas. I added veggies to make them more nutritious.
Whole wheat flour – 3 cups
Grated carrot- 1/2 a cup
Coriander leaves- a small bunch,finely chopped,
Grated cabbage –a few tablespoons
Sesame seeds- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Crumbled paneer for filling
1. In a large bowl put in wheat flour, salt, carrot, coriander, cabbage, sesame seeds and mix well.
2. Add water little by little and knead a smooth dough.
3. Pinch out a golf sized ball and flatten it a little.
4. Put in a teaspoon of the filling and bring the edges together and make a ball.
5. Roll out into parathas dusting a little flour if needed.
6. Cook on a heated griddle till brown spots appear on both side.
7. Serve with a spicy side dish of your choice.
In case you find it difficult to roll out the paratha with filling, mix the paneer with the other ingredients for the dough and prepare parathas as usual. They taste just the same.
Labels: Morning Raga, Paneer