Another recipe that I tried from Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes. As I have told you several times in the past, the vendor at the farmers market gives me a bunch of coriander and spring onions for free every time I buy veggies and I end up with a lot of spring onions at hand.The coriander leaves finds its place in many dishes.So this time when I got a bunch of spring onions, I made this rice dish.
Spring onion fried rice
Source- Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes
Rice - 2 cups cooked
Finely chopped spring onion green- 1 cup
Onion- 1 ,chopped
Grated ginger - 1 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1/2 a teaspoon
Green chillies- 2 chopped
Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Remove from heat and serve with a crispy or a spicy gravy.
- Heat oil in a apan and put in mustadr and cumin seeds.
- When it splutters add the ginger,green chillies and onion and saute till teh onion is translucent.
- Next add the turmeric powder and garam masala and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Put in the spring onions, lower the flame and saute for a minute.
- Add the cooked rice and mix gently.
This is going to Tried and tasted hosted here,event by Zlamushka, now carried on by Lakshmi.
This day That year...
2009 - Kashmiri Kahwa- A tea prepared with an aromatic blend of kashmiri tea leaves, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and the gorgeous ‘Queen of spices’- saffron.
Labels: Cooking with herbs / flowers, KLBRice, Rendezvous with Rice, Vegan varieties