Maida Cake | Maida Burfi

Mom used to prepare this when I was small.Them she started trying out other sweets and after I grew up, I almost forgot about it until I saw it in Shilpa's Aayi's Recipes. I wanted to try it and it came out well.

The consistency of the sugar syrup plays a vital role here.If you miss the one string consistency,the sweet gets a little hard.I almost missed it,so the burfi has a light crunch but the taste was good.



I used:

All purposr Flour / Maida - 1 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Milk- 1/2 a cup
Ghee- 2 tablespoons

  1. Melt ghee in a heavy bottom pan and put in the maida.Roast till it turns light brown and a nice aroma arises.Remove it from the pan and keep aside.
  2. Heat milk and sugar in a pan and bring to boil.Check for one string consistency.
  3. Immediately add the roasted maida and mix well.
  4. Keep stirring it it forms a single mass.
  5. Transfer onto a greased plate and flatten it with the back of the ladle.
  6. Make diamond shaped burfi's with a greased knife while its still warm.
  7. Once cooled take out from the plate and serve.



You can also add cardamom powder and saffron strands soakes in a little warm milk in step 2.

Sending this barfi to BB-9 -Holiday Buffet hosted by Nupur of One Hot Stove.

This day That year...

2009 -Qingjiao Tudou - Chinese Capsicum Potato stir fry.

Bon Appetit...

Labels: ,