A few months ago we were invited to my friend-Ju’s home. Her parents were eager to meet us but her mother was a little apprehensive as Ju had informed her that I am a vegetarian. I asked her mom to take it easy as I can survive on bread and noodles but she surprised me with loads of vegetarian dishes.
I not only relished them but also got the recipes from her to share with all…
Here is the first one..
Qingjiao Tudou[Potato and capsicum stir-fry]
Potatoes – 2
Ginger a small piece,chopped
Oil- 2 teaspoons
Salt to taste
1. Wash and peel potatoes. Cut them into thin strips [similar to matchsticks ]
2. Cut capsicum into strips.Slice onions
3. Heat oil in a wok and put in ginger and sauté fora minute.
4. Add the onion and sauté till transparent
5. Put in the potato and cook till almost done.It will get cooked fast as it is cut into fine strips.
6. Add salt and capsicum and stir well
7. Cook till potato is soft. Remove from heat and serve.
You can also prepare it a little crunchy by adding the capsicum when the potato is half cooked and remove from fire in a few minutes. It is delicious this way.
Labels: Capsicum Recipes, Dry Veg Curries, Goodies from veggies, Potato, Touch of the Orient, Vegan varieties