Recipes Posted today-
Punjabi Rajma Chawal
A simple dish using pumpkin from Alka’s Sindi Rasoi.
This one is also off to Ria who has chosen Alka's Sindhi Rasoi for Tried and tasted this month;It is an event started by Zlamuska and carried on by Lakshmi.
I used:The original recipe is here
White pumpkin cut into small cubes-2 cups
Tumeric Powder-a pinch
Coriander powder-1 teaspoon
Garam masala-1/2 a teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and sauté onions till translucent.
- Put in ginger,tomato and cook till tomato is soft.
- Add the turmeric powder,coriander powder,salt and garam masala and cook for a minute.If the mixture is dry add some water.
- Next in goes 1 cup water and the chopped pumpkin and mix well.
- Pressure cook for 10 minutes / 2 whistles.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with steamed rice.
Labels: Better Half, Misc Rice Sides, Sides for Rice, Vegan varieties