Cabbage Chutney

I think I have mentioned more than a dozen times here that I love cabbage.So when the usual chutneys get monotonous,I prepare this one and no one in my family can guess what it is unless I tell them. MIL who is not a huge fan of cabbage has this chutney without a word and even if I mention that I have used cabbage,she thinks I am joking!!




I use:

Cabbage,chopped-1 cup
Onion-1 chopped
Tomato-1,small,chopped
Gram dhal-1 tablespoon
Urad dhal-1 teaspoon
Red chillies-3
Tamarind extract -1/2 a teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil-1 tablespoon

  1. Heat oil in a pan and put in the dhals.Roast till it just starts turning brown.
  2. Put in cabbage,onion,tomato,red chillies and saute till the onion is transparent and tomato gets mushy.This has to be done on medium heat.
  3. Cool and grind to a paste with tamarind extract and salt.






Sending this to Jagruti's Complete my Thali event.



Here are some cabbage dishes that I love..

Simple Cabbage Soup
Purple cabbage stir fry
Badha Kopir tarkari


Bon Appetit...


Labels: , , ,