I have posted two recipes today.Check out Kollu rasam | Horsegram soup too....
Sometimes it pays to be forgetful.When Jaya announced Global Kadai,challenging us to IndianizeTofu,I was vexed.I had just one Tofu recipe in my drafts and I was felt so horrible that I could not 'spam' her mailbox with my tofu love.Today when I was going through my photo folder I almost screamed with joy.
Before leaving to India,I had prepared a few tofu dished,clicked and transferred them into my pen-drive and forgot about it.So now I am very happy to see all my click save and sound and ready to be sent to a couple of events.[Jaya,watch out,there will be multiple entries from me :).]
Stuffed Parathas are very filling and nutritious.Tough there is a double work of preparing the filling and then putting them into the paratha,it is totally satisfying.Instead of the regular aloo paratha or paneer paratha,I made this stuffed tofu paratha.
For the dough:
Whole wheat flour- 4 cups 6 + a little for dusting
Salt to taste
For the filling:
Tofu -1/2 a cup,crumbled
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Cumin powder-1/2 a teaspoon
Chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Finely chopped coriander-1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
- Take the flour and salt in a large bowl.Add water little by little and m,make a stiff dough.Cover it with a wet cloth and keep aside.
- If using packaged tofu,drain well and put in all the ingredients under filling in a bowl and mix well.
- Pinch out a large ball of dough and flatten.Dust a little flour if necessary.Place a tablespoon of filling in the centre and bring in the edges to seal the fillings.Flatten again .
- Heat a griddle and cook the parathas till brown spots appear on both the side.Drizzle a little oil if required.
- Serve hot with a side dish of your choice.
This also goes to MLLA - 26,an event started by Susan and now hosted by Simone.
Earlier in this series...
#1 - Bing | Spring onion stuffed paratha
Labels: Bread Basket, Paneer, Vegan varieties